With ad spending down more than 30% across digital and traditional channels, publishers are scrambling for short-term revenue opportunities. Digiday platforms reporter Max Willens said earlier this week, “Flexibility is the name of the game…The $10,000 insertion order is the new $1 million deal.”
If, like so many other publishers during this uncertain time, your team is looking for low-hanging fruit and increased flexibility, Adpoint may be able to help. The Lead Generator tool is designed to help you formulate and answer questions that will empower your sales strategy. Here’s how you can take advantage of it:
First, get creative with packages and offers
Adpoint’s multichannel bundles are incredibly easy to configure, which means sales managers can easily update package offers anytime. Some of the most popular multichannel bundles will still be effective during this time, but the need to get creative with your offers is pressing.
Some ideas from our customers:
- Offer free or discounted marketing and ad ops services.
- Consider discounts for long-term customers as a good-will gesture.
- Incentivize experimentation by offering new formats or channels at a discount when included in a package.
- Sell bundles that allow you to place ads flexibly, including inventory that isn’t as easy to fill.
- Offer results-based packages, with “pay-per-lead” structures.
- Get creative with payment structures – long term advertising with small up-front costs.
Next, target the right accounts
Adpoint’s built-in Lead Generator tool will help you “slice and dice” your existing customer data to find opportunities you would otherwise miss. Sales managers can get creative with new product offers for certain segments, and assign follow up activities in bulk so that their team is on the same page (even from afar). Once you formulate the right questions, Lead Generator will help you answer them so you can effectively implement your new strategies.
If you’re adjusting your sales strategy during this time, offering special discounts or alternative services, you’ll need to reach out to the correct accounts ASAP. Use the advanced filters in Lead Generator to find:
- Existing customers who don’t use your marketing, creative or ad ops services – can you offer them a good deal on your services?
- Customers that have relied on traditional channels but have not tried your other products – can you bundle channels together so these customers can safely experiment?
- Filter and create lists of customers in specific industries – can you offer retail or B2B customers a results-based or “pay-per-lead” structure to incentivize them to continue spending during this time?
- Find customers in industries that are struggling now but likely to bounce back (such as restaurants and entertainment) – can you offer creative payment structures, such as long-term contracts with small up-front payments?
Finally, become a trusted resource
In uncertain times, it’s critical that you are a trusted resource and easy to do business with. Ensure your team is knowledgeable about market trends and practiced at spotting opportunities for advertisers to succeed. Be prepared to offer your advertisers insights into what their competitors are doing, and provide tools that provide total transparency, so they can feel good about their level of spend.