Pandemic-induced lockdowns certainly accelerated the demand for added-value content – but in our opinion, the industry was always going to go this way.
Inevitable though it was, the rise of the subscription economy has forced media companies to invest more heavily in their subscription services than ever before.
Success with subscriptions doesn’t just come from throwing your budget at this highly lucrative channel and hoping for the best. You need a clear subscription management strategy in place; one that’s based on proven behavioral patterns, and that has the scope to embrace new systems, particularly when it comes to automating much of the conversion process and personalizing more attractive packages for your customers.
In our latest whitepaper, we’ve shared our views on the top 7 subscription trends that all publishers should be bearing in mind in 2022 (and beyond).
- Why subscriptions are here to stay – and how you can adjust your media model to better accommodate them
- How content creators are driving paid subscription offerings through some of the world’s biggest social media platforms
- Why less brand loyalty may lead to more subscriber commitment issues across the board
- How direct-to-consumer journalism will challenge publishers from here on in
- The importance of personalization, and the technologies out there that are supporting more tailored content experiences
- Why green consumerism is becoming one of the biggest considerations in the magazine subscriptions space